After writing the article on how to clean out your Hotmail inbox using their Sweep feature, I decided to take a quick look at my good ol’ Yahoo inbox to see if it hid a similar feature. Sure enough, it did! Although you won’t find it listed under sweep, with just a couple of clicks you can delete all of the emails in your Yahoo inbox rather easily. Here’s how to do it:
- Login to your Yahoo email account.
- Navigate to your Yahoo inbox. If you are a Yahoo Mail Classic user and haven’t already switched over to the All-New Yahoo Mail design, you should do that first. You should see a link on top-right portion of the page that says “Try the new Yahoo Mail”. If you don’t like the new design, you can always switch back to Yahoo Mail Classic.
- Once you’re in your inbox, look for the Actions button and left-click.
- A drop-down menu will appear with several actions you can choose from. Since we want to completely erase all of the emails in our Yahoo Mail inbox at the same time, we’ll choose the “Select All Emails” option by left-clicking on the action. This will select all of the emails in your inbox.
- Look for the Move button (to the left of the Actions button) and left-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear showing all of the places where you can move the selected emails to. Since we want to “clean sweep” our Yahoo Mail inbox, we’ll opt to send everything to the Trash
That’s it – you’re done! Now all of the junk email messages you had in your Yahoo inbox are now tucked away in your Yahoo Mail trash. If you want to delete them right away, simply empty your trash or wait for the Yahoo system to automatically take care of that for you.